|Address||218 N. Highland Ave, Suite SW
Quantum Theatre is a professional theatre company that produces experimental productions in non-traditional performance spaces around the Pittsburgh area. Founded in 1990 by Karla Boos, the company aims to incorporate influences from world culture and the international theatre scene. The theatre has been mentioned in American Theatre Magazine and Stage Directions Magazine. It has staged classical plays, adaptations of literature, world premieres and contemporary plays in places such as Washington's Landing, Iron City Brewery, the former Don Allen Auto City, a Downtown loft in the Cultural District, abandoned school houses and the Frick Art & Historical Center.
Quantum also features an educational outreach program in which a teaching artist helps students at inner-city high schools interpret a play, a piece of literature, or a historical event in contemporary terms. The students then create a performance to be showcased at a rehearsal for a Quantum production.
On January 30, 2012, Quantum Theatre was one of twelve companies to participate in Organic Theater Pittsburgh's From the Ground Up event to promote collaborations between Pittsburgh playwrights and local theater troupes.
- "About Us - History". Quantum Theatre. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- O'Driscoll, Bill (2009-11-16). "Candide at Quantum Theatre". Pittsburgh City Paper. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "Quantum Theatre kicks off 19th season". Pop City. 2009-08-05. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- Rawson, Christopher (2009-02-03). "Quantum's 'Mouth to Mouth' packs a punch". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- http://www.post-gazette.com/stories//2-comedians-deftly-juggle-beckett-222933/. Missing or empty
- Rawson, Christopher (2008-11-12). "Art, music, audience objects of Quantum's 'Museum of Desire'". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "About Us - Educational Programs". Quantum Theatre. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- Short List: January 26 - 31 | Short List | Pittsburgh City Paper