From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Quarry in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A quarry is a type of mine, usually open-cast, generally for the extraction of stone or fossil fuel.
Quarry or Quarries may also refer to:
- The target of a chase, especially during a hunt; see Game (food)
- Quarry, a small piece of square or diamond-shaped glass set diagonally in a stained glass window
- Quarries (biblical), limestone quarries beneath ancient Jerusalem
- Quarries Reach, a reach of the Brisane River, Queensland, Australia
- Quarry, County Westmeath, a townland in Mullingar civil parish, Ireland
- Quarry, Newfoundland and Labrador, an abandoned railway community in Newfoundland
- Quarry, Texas, a community in Texas
- The Quarry (park), the main park of Shrewsbury, England
- The Quarry at La Quinta, a golf course in California
- The Quarry (Iain Banks novel), the last novel by the Scottish writer Iain Banks
- Suspicion (Friedrich Dürrenmatt novel), Der Verdacht, a 1951 crime novel by the Swiss writer Friedrich Dürrenmatt, which was also published as The Quarry 1962
- The Quarry (Damon Galgut novel), a novel by the South African playwright and novelist Damon Galgut 2006.
- Q is for quarry, by Sue Grafton 2002.
- The quarry, by Mildred Walker 1947
- Quarry, by Bill Pronzini 2004.
- Quarry, novel and audiobook by Bill Pronzini
- Quarry (Ally Kennen novel), a novel by Ally Kennen
- Quarry, a series of novels by Max Allan Collins
- The Quarry (Charles W. Chesnutt novel), a novel by the African American writer Charles W. Chestnutt, published posthumously
Film and Television
- "Quarry" (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit), an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Quarry (TV series), a TV series based on Max Allan Collins' novels
- Quarry (company), a marketing communications and advertising agency headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario
- All pages beginning with "quarry"
- All pages with a title containing quarry
- Quarrel (disambiguation)
- Query (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quarry.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.