|Sir George Williams Campus|
Quartier Concordia is a neighbourhood redevelopment project centred on Concordia University's Sir George Williams campus in downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Bordered by Sherbrooke Street, Saint-Mathieu Street, René Lévesque Boulevard and Bishop Street, the district is designed to be a green urban campus that will improve the use and quality of public places and spaces, student life on campus and transportation.
Within the area is Grey Nuns Motherhouse, a student residence.
As of September 2010, an underground tunnel links the university's Hall and J.W. McConnell buildings with the Guy-Concordia metro station. The hallway was completed in Spring 2010. However, a project to create a green space on Mackay Street has been put on hold.
- "=Quartier Concordia — Concordia University". Retrieved 2008-09-25.
- Harvey, Réginald (2006-05-21). "Urbanisme — Un quartier Concordia au centre-ville". Le Devoir.
- "Quartier Concordia — Concordia University". Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- DeWolf, Christopher (2008-02-19). "Norman Bethune Square's makeover confirmed". Spacing Montreal. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- Riga, Andy (2009-04-30). "Montreal's Worst Construction Zone". Montreal Gazette. Canwest. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
- "University puts greening of Mackay on hold". News and Events. Concordia University. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
|This Montreal geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|