||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Quazar|
Quazar is the debut album from the band Quazar. The band was led by former P-Funk vocalist Glenn Goins, who also served as the producer and arranger of the album. Goins died before the album's release, effectively sealing the group's fate. The album was released by Arista Records in the fall of 1978. The album also features contributions from former P-Funk drummer Jerome Brailey. Both Glenn Goins and Jerome Brailey were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Parliament-Funkadelic.
The album was reissued by P-Vine records in Japan in 1991, but went out of print shortly thereafter. In June 2012, the album was re-released on CD by BBR records. This expanded version includes the single versions of "Funk 'n' Roll", "Funk With A Bigfoot" and "Saving My Love For A Rainy Day".
- "Funk With A Big Foot" (Glenn Goins, Jerome Brailey, Kevin Goins, Greg Fitz)
- "Funk With A Capital "G"" (Kevin Goins, Harvey Banks, Jerome Brailey)
- "Funk 'n' Roll (Dancin' In The Funkshine)" (Glenn Goins, Jerome Brailey) (released as a single-Arista 0349)
- "Workin' On The Buildin'" (Glenn Goins, Kevin Goins, C. Watson)
- "Your Lovin' Is Easy" (Glenn Goins)
- "Love Me Baby" (P. Eure)
- "Saving My Love For A Rainy Day" (Richard Banks, Glenn Goins) (released as the b-side of "Funk 'n' Roll (Dancin' In The Funkshine)"
- "Starlight Circus" (Eugene Jackson, Greg Fitz)
- "Shades of Quaze" (Richard Banks, Daryl Dixon)
- Kevin Goins: Guitar and lead vocals
- Eugene Jackson: Bass, lead and background vocals
- Richard Banks: Keyboards, background vocals
- Greg Fitz: Keyboards, background vocals
- Jeff Adams: Drums, background vocals
- Peachena: Lead and background vocals
- Harvey Banks: Guitar, background vocals
- Daryl Dixon: saxophone, clarinet, flute
- Monica Peters: Trumpet
- Darryl Deliberto: Congas
- Daniel Brack: Background vocals
- Guitars: Glenn Goins, Harry and Butch Watson
- Bass: Donald Payne, Glenn Goins
- Drums: Jerome Brailey, Glenn Goins
- Background vocals: Glenn Goins
- Keyboards: Samuel Johnson
- Bogdanov, Vladimir; Woodstra, Chris; Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2003). All Music Guide to Soul: The Definitive Guide to R&B and Soul. San Francisco: Backbeat Books. p. 556. ISBN 0-87930-744-7.
- McKenzie, Vashti (November 7, 1978). "Quazar... Strong Waves from the Stars". Washington Afro-American.
- Thompson, Dave (2001). Funk: The Essential Listening Companion. San Francisco: Backbeat Books. p. 276. ISBN 0-87930-629-7.