|Traded as||ASX: QUB|
|Industry||Logistics, rail transport, stevedoring, warehousing|
|Predecessor||KFM Diversified Infrastructure and Logistics Fund, Kaplan Equity|
Maurice James - Managing Director
|Total equity||A$1.4 billion (June 2012)|
Qube Holdings Ltd is a diversified logistics and infrastructure company in Australia. It was founded in 2010 after the investment trust KFM Diversified Infrastructure and Logistics Fund acquired Kaplan Equity and became a standard operating company, rebranded as Qube Logistics. Kaplan Equity part owned P&O Automotive and General Stevedoring and P&O Trans Australia (which in turn owned South Spur Rail Services and Southern & Silverton Rail). Qube acquired outright control and majority ownership of P&O Trans Australia in April 2011.
Ports and Bulk
Qube has freight handling and stevedoring facilities at 29 ports in Australia through its subsidiaries P&O Automotive and General Stevedoring, Northern Stevedoring Services, Australian Amalgamated Terminals, PrixCar and the W Qube joint venture between Qube and Wilhelmsen Ships Service. It is also a 50% joint venture partner in Patrick Corporation.
Qube Logistics operates road and rail services.
Qube operates rail freight services in regional New South Wales and Victoria, and between Melbourne and Adelaide. Subsidiaries South Spur Rail Services and Southern & Silverton Rail, which operate regional freight and infrastructure services in New South Wales and South Australia.
|Class||Number in class||Built||Notes|
|1100||8||2011-2012||4 more on order.|
|14||14||1972–1974||Ex-Independent Rail of Australia. 5 stored.|
|44||9||1961–1967||Ex-Independent Rail of Australia and P&O Trans-Australia. All stored.|
|442||1||1971–1972||Ex-Independent Rail of Australia.|
|47||1||1973||Ex-Independent Rail of Australia.|
In addition, Qube leases locomotives from CFCL Australia and for broad gauge operations in Victoria it leases from the Seymour railway heritage centre and steam rail Victoria.
The Strategic Assets business is responsible for the development of expansion projects and investments. These include:
- Moorebank Intermodal Terminal
- Minto Intermodal Terminal (acquired June 2012 and included the assets of Independent Rail of Australia.
- Quattro Grain Terminal (Port Kembla)
- TQ Bulk Liquids Terminal (Port Kembla)
- AAT Facilities Management
- "Corrigan eyes Patrick dream at Kaplan". Sydney Morning Herald. 6 February 2010.
- "Chris Corrigan enjoying life in a slower lane". The Australian. 28 August 2010.
- "Corrigan on fast track with $106m ports deal". The Australian. 19 April 2011.
- "Qube expands regional rail capacity" (PDF). Qube Logistics Holdings Limited. 7 June 2012.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|