||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||5th Floor, 55 Baker Street, London, W1U 8AN, United Kingdom|
|Subsidiaries||Qubee Bangladesh, Qubee Pakistan|
Augere is a wireless broadband business founded in 2007. It is headed by the former CEO of Orange, Sanjiv Ahuja. It has a mission to provide 'broadband for all' and is working to bring available, affordable and accessible broadband internet services to under-served communities worldwide
Augere has so far launched broadband internet services in Pakistan in July 2009 and in Bangladesh in October 2009 under the brand name Qubee. Augere is also expecting to launch services in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and India in 2011 and is continuing to pursue spectrum across Africa, Asia and South East Asia.
Augere, BanglaLion & BRACNet Ltd. obtained licenses from the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) on 18 November 2008 to operate Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) services on a nationwide basis in Bangladesh using WiMAX technology at a cost of 215 crore Taka ($32 million USD). The company officially launched their service on a trial basis in Bangladesh on 22 July 2009 and subsequently launched a service for residential and business customers in October 2009.
Qubee Pakistan is working under Augere Pakistan Pvt Ltd with wireless broadband business under holding mission "broadband for all". Qubee Pakistan is determined to provide best internet services to Pakistan, currently available in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. With focus to bring broadband services to communities at large. yet struggling to make place among big players of 4G & LTE. lets see till when it will survive
Qubee is the Bangladeshi customer-facing brand of Qubee Broadband, the wireless broadband business founded in 2007. It has a mission to provide "broadband for all" and seeks to bring broadband Internet services to under-served communities worldwide.
Qubee operates in entire Bangladesh including big cities like Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Comilla, Bogra, Feni, Noakhali, Binodpur, Barisal, Noakhali, Chandpur, Laxmipur, Joypurhat, Naogaon, Sirajgonj, Pabna and Natore.
- "Board | About | Augere". Augereholdings.com. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "/ Telecoms – New broadband service to focus on developing nations". Financial Times. 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "Broadband Services". Qubee. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "Augere Holdings (About)".
- "BWA License Auction Winners, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission". Btrc.gov.bd. 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "Three WiMAX winners". Telegeography.com. 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "Augere launches first WiMax for Dhaka". The Daily Star. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- Parker, Andrew (20 July 2009). "New broadband service to focus on developing nations". Financial Times. London.