||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
|Traded as||TSX: QBR.A
|Industry||diversified media and broadcasting|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Pierre Karl Péladeau, Brian Mulroney, Pierre Dion, Pierre Laurin, Erik Péladeau|
|Revenue||$9.822 billion CAN (1% FY 2007)|
|Profit||$94 million CAN|
Number of employees
Le SuperClub Vidéotron
Quebecor Inc. is a communications company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Before 2012, it was spelled Quebecor (without acute accent) in both English and French, however in May 2012 shareholders voted to add the acute accent, Québecor, in French only.
Quebecor Media Inc. is a broadcasting, communications and publishing company which operates various subsidiaries:
- TVA Group (broadcasting, publishing & production)
- Vidéotron (cable television and internet service provider)
- Canoe Inc. (internet websites including Canoe.ca/Canoe.com portal and Archambault.ca)
- MediaPages (print and online directories)
- TVA Publishing Inc. (largest magazine publishing company in Quebec)
- Quebecor Media Book Group (book publishing companies)
- Archambault stores (books, music and video)
- Distribution Select (distributor of CDs and videos)
- Le SuperClub Vidéotron (Movie rental stores)
- Nurun Inc. (interactive agency)
The company has also recently began a push towards sports; it acquired the naming rights and a management contract for the Videotron Centre, has backed a proposed National Hockey League expansion franchise in Quebec City (which would bring the NHL back to the city for the first time since the Quebec Nordiques were relocated in 1995, and would play at the new arena), and launched a TVA-branded sports network in 2011. On July 20, 2015, Quebecor officially submitted its application for an NHL expansion team in Quebec City.
Current members of the board of directors of Quebecor Inc. are: Françoise Bertrand, Jean La Couture, Sylvie Lalande, Pierre Laurin, A. Michel Lavigne, Geneviève Marcon, Brian Mulroney, and Normand Provost.
- "Quebecor's Founder". Quebecor Inc. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "Les actionnaires de Québecor votent pour l’ajout d’un accent" (in French). The Canadian Press. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Van Praet, Nicolas (9 April 2012). "Quebecor to propose French version of name for Quebec". Montreal: Financial Post. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Van Praet, Nicolas (2 February 2012). "Quebec puts accent on linguistic correctness". Montreal: Financial Post. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Magder, Jason. "New TVA Sports channel takes a shot at RDS". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 27 July 2011.[dead link]
- "Brian Mulroney to be named chairman of media and telecom giant Quebecor". Globe and Mail. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Quebecor | Board of Directors
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|