Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal
|Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal|
Obverse and reverse of the medal
|Awarded by the Her Majesty The Queen|
|Eligibility||Members of the
* Army Reserve (United Kingdom)
* Royal Auxiliary Air Force
* Royal Naval Reserve
* Royal Marines Reserve
|Awarded for||Exemplary personal performance over an extended period of service in the Reserve Forces|
|Established||29 March 1999|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Queen's Ambulance Service Medal|
|Next (lower)||Queen's Medal for Chiefs (de jure)
British campaign medals, United Nations Medals, and Medals of recognised International Organisations in order of award (de facto)
Ribbon of QVRM
The Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal (QVRM) was created by Royal Warrant of Queen Elizabeth II on 29 March 1999. Only 13 Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medals may be awarded in a year. The medal is presented only to members of the Volunteer Reserves of the British Armed Services for exemplary meritorious service in the conduct of their duties. The QVRM is a Level 3 award and ranks in military order of wear immediately after the British Empire Medal. It is the first exclusive award to Volunteer Reserves that is presented at an investiture. The first awards were announced in the 1999 Queen's Birthday Honours with these first awards presented at an investiture on 5 November 1999.
The medal is circular and made of silver coloured metal. The obverse bears the sovereign's effigy surrounded by the inscription ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA FID DEF (Latin: Elizabeth II by the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith). The reverse depicts a scroll with the inscription The Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal. The ribbon is dark green with three narrow gold stripes. Receipt of this medal is entitles the holder to use the post-nominals QVRM. There are no clasps awarded for this medal.
- British and Commonwealth orders and decorations
- Military awards and decorations of the United Kingdom
- "JSP 761 HONOURS AND AWARDS IN THE ARMED FORCES" (PDF). Ministry of Defence. May 2008. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
- "Annex 108A Queen's Volunteer Reserves Medal (QVRM)" (pdf). Royal Navy. February 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2012. External link in
- "The Warrant". qvrm.org. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "The Queen's Ambulance Service Medal Royal Warrant" (PDF). http://www.official-documents.gov.uk. The Stationery Office. Retrieved 30 December 2012. External link in
- "(Supplement) no. 56878". The London Gazette. 17 March 2003. p. 3352.
- "JSP 761 Honours and Awards in the Armed Forces" (PDF). p. 12A-1. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Didcot Reservist Receives Award at Buckingham Palace". Raf.mod.uk. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 5 July 2012.