Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park
|Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park|
|Location||Municipal District of Peace No. 135, Alberta, Canada|
|Area||0.8 km2 (0.31 sq mi)|
|Established||March 01, 1956|
|Governing body||Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation|
The park is situated on the eastern shore of Cardinal Lake, at an elevation of 640 m (2,100 ft) and has a surface of 0.8 km2 (0.31 sq mi). It was established on March 1, 1956 and is maintained by Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
The following activities are available in the park:
- Beach activities (including swimming and volleyball)
- Birdwatching (141 bird species have been observed)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Cross-country skiing (4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) non-groomed trails)
- Front country hiking
- Power boating, sailing, water-skiing and windsurfing
- Alberta Tourism, Parks, Recreation & Culture. "Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park". Retrieved 2007-07-14.
|This Alberta protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|