Queen of the Sun
|Queen of the Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us?|
|Directed by||Taggart Siegel|
|Produced by||Jon Betz|
|Music by||Jami Sieber|
|Edited by||Taggart Siegel
|Distributed by||Collective Eye Films|
Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? is a 2010 documentary film directed by Taggart Siegel. The film investigates multiple angles of the recent bee epidemic colony collapse disorder. It also explores the historical and contemporary relationship between bees and humans. Featuring interviews from Michael Pollan, Gunther Hauk, Vandana Shiva, Hugh Wilson, Michael Thiele (former bee keeper at Green Gulch Farm, May Berenbaum, Carlo Petrini and Raj Patel.
The film was an official selection of the 2010 International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam for the Green Screen Competition. It received the Documentary Audience Award from both the Maui Film Festival and Indie Memphis Film Festival. It was 2010 Pare Lorentz Honorable Mention for the International Documentary Association.
- "The Melisa Garden". themelissagarden.com. The Melissa Garden. 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- 2010 IDFA Green Screen Competition Archived November 3, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- 2010 Maui Film Festival Audience Awards
- Indie Memphis 2010 Audience Awards
- Sullivan, Michael (November 29, 2010). "Int’l Docu Assn. names special kudo winners". http://variety.com/. Variety Media, LLC. Retrieved 22 March 2014. External link in
|This documentary film article about environmental issues is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|