|Single by Paul McCartney|
|from the album New|
|Released||24 October 2013|
|Label||Universal Music Group (UK)
Hear Music (US)
|Songwriter(s)||Paul McCartney, Paul Epworth|
|Paul McCartney singles chronology|
McCartney explained that the song name and chorus lyrics were from a children's game he would play when he was young called "Queenie, Queenie, who's got the ball?" (the "Queenie" was alternatively called "Queenie Eye" or "Queenio"), and used the version of the chant he remembered from the game in the song.
The music video for the song was directed by Simon Aboud, husband of McCartney's daughter Mary. The video is notable for the array of famous people that appear in it including: actors Johnny Depp, George Ezra, Jeremy Irons, Chris Pine, Jude Law, Sean Penn, Alice Eve, actor-comedian James Corden, Meryl Streep, actress-comedian Tracey Ullman, models Kate Moss, Lily Cole, Laura Bailey, singers Jack Savoretti, Gary Barlow, artist Peter Blake, designer Tom Ford, comedian Howard Long, and many others who are shown dancing to the lyrics.
- Paul McCartney – vocals, guitar, bass guitar, lap steel guitar, piano, Moog synthesizer, synthesizer, mellotron, tambourine
- Paul Epworth – drums
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||55|
|Japan (Japan Hot 100)||42|
|US Adult Alternative Songs (Billboard)||27|
- on YouTube
- "Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Share Grammy Stage for Rare Performance". Rolling Stone Online. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Ultratop.be – Paul McCartney – Queenie Eye" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Paul McCartney Chart History (Japan Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Paul McCartney Chart History (Adult Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 22 December 2014.