Queenie van de Zandt
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Queenie van de Zandt is an Australian theatre actress, singer, comedian and writer.
Born in Canberra to Dutch immigrants, van de Zandt attended St. Matthews Primary School and St Francis Xavier High School before graduating in the top 2% of her state at Daramalan College. She relocated to Sydney in 1992 and began her career performing in musicals and stage plays such as Cabaret, Les Misérables, Anything Goes, Threepenny Opera, Furious, Barmaids, After January, and The Boy from Oz. She has since worked extensively in musical theatre, plays, cabaret, on television and in film, as well as recording an album of original music. Alongside her career as a performer, van de Zandt also teaches in the field of audition technique and musical theatre performance and has held lecturing positions at the University of Ballarat Arts Academy, the Victorian College of the Arts and the NIDA Open Program.
- 2008 Glug Award – Jeffry Joynton-Smith Memorial Award for Best Supporting Actress for the role of "Izzy" in Rabbit Hole
- 2007 AussieTheatre.com Award for Best Female Actor in a Play for the role of "Izzy" in Rabbit Hole
- 1997 MEAA ACT Green Room Award for Best Performance for Furious
- 2007 Green Room Award Nomination for Best Cabaret Artiste for the International Melbourne Comedy Festival season of I Get the Music in You: An Evening with Jan van de Stool
- 2007 AussieTheatre.com Nominations for Cabaret Show of the Year and Cabaret Artist of the Year for Cabaret – in 12 Easy Steps
- 2005 Sydney Theatre Award Nomination for Best Cabaret for I Get the Music in You: An Evening with Jan van de Stool
- 2004 Green Room Award Nomination for Female Artist in a Supporting Role for the role of "Vicki Nichols" in The Full Monty – The Musical
- 2003 Helpmann Award Nomination for Best Female Actor in a Supporting Role in a Musical for the role of "Mrs Sowerberry" in Oliver!
- Queenie van de Zandt on Internet Movie Database
- http://www.zibb.com/media/theme/person-media/Queenie+van+de+Zandt[permanent dead link]
- http://www.tv.com/queenie-van-de-zandt/person/600965/appearances.html[permanent dead link]