Queens' College Chapel Choir, Cambridge
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2010)|
Queens' College Chapel Choir, Cambridge is the choir of Queens' College, Cambridge, England. It is a mixed collegiate Chapel Choir composed both of Choral Scholars and volunteers from across Cambridge University. The choir is run by Director of Music, Silas Wollston, and two undergraduate organ scholars.
About the choir
Until October 2008, the choir was run by the organ scholars, who were responsible for music in Chapel and the recruiting, training and conducting of the Choir. Since then, the Director of Music has been responsible for conducting the chapel choir, and, in turn, tutoring and mentoring the organ scholars.
The Choir meets four times per week during full term, singing choral evensongs on Wednesday and Sunday evenings, and compline on a Monday. The choir also performs concerts, and sings at special services, such as Eucharists on feast days, the college's Commemoration of Benefactors, weddings and memorial services. The Choir tours regularly, singing for services around the country in cathedrals such as Canterbury Cathedral (2008), Southwell Minster and Truro Cathedral (2005). The choir also travels on international tours further afield on an annual basis. The Choir has recorded with three labels: Guild Music, Past Times, and Orchid Classics. The Choir's most recent recordings have been with Orchid Classics.
The choir appoints up to four choral scholars a year; scholarships are usually awarded to undergraduate applicants who partake in the University choral trials which take place in September.
- 'For the Wings of a Dove' Orchid Classics (2015)
- 'And Comes The Day: Carols and Antiphons for Advent' Orchid Classics (2012)
- 'Love and Honour' Guild Music (2005)
- 'Songs of Heaven and Earth' Guild Music (2003)
- 'Flight of Song' Guild Music (2001)
- 'Christmas from Cambridge' Past Times (1999)
- 'Wedding Hymns' Guild Music (1999)
- 'Evening Watch' Guild Music (1999)
- December 2007 — Hong Kong
- December 2008 — East Coast USA
- March 2009 — Angers, France
- March 2010 — Sicily
- December 2010 — West and South Germany
- April 2011 — Exeter Cathedral
- December 2011 - Brussels and Ghent
- August 2012 - North Germany
- December 2012 - Paris
- March 2013 - Bury St. Edmunds
- July 2013 - Switzerland
- January 2014 - Hong Kong
- July 2015 - Budapest
- "Guild Music". Guild Music. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
- "Queens' College Chapel Choir". Queens' College Chapel Choir. Retrieved 1 July 2013.