Highland Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|• Total||1.7 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,075 m (3,527 ft)|
|• Average Income||$37,766|
|Website||Highland Park Community Association|
Highland Park is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by McKnight Boulevard, to the east by Edmonton Trail, to the south by 32 Avenue N and to the west by 4 Street W. Confederation Park and Nose Hill Park are located in close proximity. The Queens Park Cemetery occupies the south-western corner of the neighbourhood, and the Highland golf course is developed in the north.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $37,766 in 2000, and there were 23.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 13.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 48.7% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 64% of the housing was used for renting.
Queens Park Village
Queens Park Village is a small community that borders the Queens Park Cemetery, in the southeast corner of Highland Park.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Queens Park Village had a population of  With a land area of 0.6 km2 (0.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 690/km2 (1,790/sq mi) in 2012.415 living in 188 dwellings, a 3.8% increase from its 2011 population of 400.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $53,040 in 2000, and there were 20.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. Most of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 100% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Buchanan Elementary School and James Fowler High public schools.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Highland Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 4 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- City of Calgary (2006). "Queens Park Village Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-17.[permanent dead link]