Highland Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|• Total||1.7 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,075 m (3,527 ft)|
|• Average Income||$37,766|
|Website||Highland Park Community Association|
Highland Park is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by McKnight Boulevard, to the east by Edmonton Trail, to the south by 32 Avenue N and to the west by 4 Street W. Confederation Park and Nose Hill Park are located in close proximity. The Queens Park Cemetery occupies the south-western corner of the neighbourhood, and the Highland golf course is developed in the north.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $37,766 in 2000, and there were 23.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 13.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 48.7% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 64% of the housing was used for renting.
Queens Park Village
Queens Park Village is a small community that borders the Queens Park Cemetery, in the southeast corner of Highland Park.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Queens Park Village had a population of  With a land area of 0.6 km2 (0.23 sq mi), it had a population density of 690/km2 (1,790/sq mi) in 2012.415 living in 188 dwellings, a 3.8% increase from its 2011 population of 400.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $53,040 in 2000, and there were 20.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. Most of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 100% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Buchanan Elementary School and James Fowler High public schools.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Highland Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 4 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- City of Calgary (2006). "Queens Park Village Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-17.[permanent dead link]
|Queens Park Village||Greenview Industrial Area|
|Mount Pleasant||Tuxedo Park||Winston Heights-Mountview|