Queensbury Parish, New Brunswick
Location within York County.
|• Land||301.38 km2 (116.36 sq mi)|
|• Density||4.2/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||4.7%|
|Time zone||AST (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||ADT (UTC-3)|
Its population in the 2011 Census was 1,272.
Queensbury Parish is defined in the Territorial Division Act as being bounded:
- Northeast by Bright Parish; south and southwest by the Saint John River; and northwest by a line commencing at the Saint John River, at the southern angle of lot number one, granted to Joseph Cunliff, near the mouth of the Nackawic Stream; thence running northeasterly along the lower or southeastern line of said lot and its prolongation until it strikes the southwestern line of land granted to William Dobie, in Caverhill; thence northwesterly along the said line of said grant and its prolongation till it strikes the southeastern line of a grant to Henry Morehouse and three others; thence northeasterly along the line of said grant to its eastern angle; thence northwesterly along the northeast side of the said grant till it strikes the East Branch Nackawic Stream; thence following the course of the said river up stream to the forks at the mouth of the Burtt Lake Branch and thence following the course of the said Burtt Lake Branch up stream till it strikes the line of the parish of Bright.
The entire parish forms the local service district of the parish of Queensbury, established in 1966 to assess for fire protection. Community services were added in 1967 and first aid and ambulance services in 1978.
Parish population total does not include incorporated municipalities (in bold):
Mother tongue language (2006)
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Queensbury Parish, New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Provincial Archives - Queensbury Parish
- "Territorial Division Act (R.S.N.B. 1973, c. T-3)". Government of New Brunswick website. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Queensbury Parish, New Brunswick
|Southampton Parish||Kingsclear Parish|
|Dumfries Parish||McAdam Parish||Prince William Parish|