Queensland State Netball Centre
|Location||Corner Mains and Kessel Roads, Nathan, Queensland 4111|
|Construction cost||A$44 million|
|Queensland Firebirds (NNL) (2019–present)|
The Queensland State Netball Centre is a netball facility located in the southern Brisbane suburb of Nathan. The centre features a 5,000 seat indoor arena that is the home court of Super Netball team the Queensland Firebirds. It is the administrative headquarters of Netball Queensland and provides training facilities for elite-level and community-based netball clubs in Queensland.
In July 2015 the Queensland Government announced plans for the first ever dedicated home for netball in the state, which would cater for professional netball club the Queensland Firebirds and provide administrative offices for Netball Queensland and other facilities for emerging players and clubs in the region. The facility was also known as Brisbane Arena during the construction phase of the project. The government appointed Hansen Yuncken as the design and construction contractor in February 2017 and construction of the centre began later that year.
The main features of the venue include:
- Sunken show court with 5000 seat capacity from where major game events will be broadcast
- Eight indoor hard courts
- Cafe and food and beverage outlets
- Player and umpire changing facilities for both community and elite athletes
- Gymnasium for players
- Sports science and sports medicine facility for elite athlete activities
- Administration offices and parking facilities for Netball Queensland.
- "Queensland State Netball Centre". Austadiums.
- "New $30 million 'home of netball' to be built in Nathan in Brisbane's south in wake of Firebirds win". ABC News. 6 July 2015.
- "Queensland State Netball Centre". Queensland Government. 7 November 2018. Archived from the original on 10 December 2018.
- "Queensland Netball Centre set to open!". Netball Queensland. 28 November 2018.
- "Premier fires first pass at Queensland's new $44 million Netball Centre". Brisbane Times. 24 February 2019.
- "New Queensland State Netball Centre and Firebirds base gets official opening". Australasian Leisure Management. 25 February 2019.