Queensland Tennis Centre
|Location||Tennyson, Queensland, Brisbane, Australia|
(extra temporary 7,000)
|Construction cost||A$ 82 million
USD $ 75 million
EUR € 52,5 million
|Architect||HOK Sport Venue Event (now Populous)|
|Brisbane International (men's and women's)
Davis Cup (Australia vs Japan) (May 2010)
Fed Cup (Australia vs Germany) (April 2014)
Fed Cup (Australia vs USA) (April 2016)
Davis Cup (Australia vs USA) (April 2017)
Queensland Tennis Centre, known during its development as the Tennyson Tennis Centre, is a tennis venue in Tennyson, Brisbane, Australia. It is a A$82 million state-of-the-art tennis facility opened on 2 January 2009.
It was designed by internationally recognised stadium designers HOK Sport Venue Event and The Mirvac Group's in-house architectural practice, HPA Pty Ltd and constructed by Mirvac as part of the Tennyson Riverside development.
The main court was designed to incorporate a PTFE glass fibre fabric roof. This tensile membrane structure allows diffused light through into the arena reducing the need for artificial lighting. The light weight of the fabric also reduced the amount of steel required and saved on building costs. Brisbane based company Taiyo Membrane Corporation supplied and installed this roof along with other smaller outdoor structures at this venue.
The centre court Pat Rafter Arena, named in honour of the Australian tennis player Patrick Rafter, has a seating capacity of 5,500 (with an extra temporary seating of 1,500 bringing total capacity to 7,000).
Since January 2009 the Queensland Tennis Centre has been the host centre for combined men and women's international tennis tournament entitled the Brisbane International, a combination of the former Next Generation Adelaide International event in Adelaide and the Mondial Gold Coast Women's championships.
- Queensland Tennis Centre - A new theatre for top class tennis and community Projects: Queensland Tennis Center
- Queensland State Tennis Centre, Tennyson, Brisbane Projects: Queensland Tennis Center] Web Site: Projdevservices.com
- Queensland Tennis Centre construction cost
- Queensland Tennis Centre architect: Populous
- "Your first view of the Tennyson Tennis Centre". brisbane times. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- "Queensland Tennis Centre". Department of Public Works. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- "QLD Tennis Centre". Tennis Australia. Retrieved 2009-11-25.
- Stadium named after Pat Rafter
- "Adelaide to merge with Brisbane in '09". Tennis Australia. Retrieved 2009-11-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Queensland Tennis Centre.|
- Official webpage of Queensland Tennis Centre
- View of Centre Court
- Details of Development
- Where is the Queensland Tennis Centre[permanent dead link]
- Queensland Tennis Centre at Austadiums
- Davis Cup Australia vs Japan Asia/Oceania Group I 2nd Round 7-9 May 2010
- Interior image 1
- Interior image 2
- Interior image 3