Queenswood Heights is a neighbourhood located in Orleans, a suburb in the east end of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Prior to amalgamation in 2001, the neighbourhood was in the Township of Cumberland. Queenswood Heights is bounded by St. Joseph Boulevard to the north, Tenth Line Road to the east, Innes Road to the south, and the former Cumberland-Gloucester boundary to the west (the Queenswood Heights Community Association considers Duford St. to be the western boundary). According to the Canada 2016 Census, the population of the neighbourhood was 12,355. Queenswood Heights spans 4.1 square kilometres (1,000 acres).
There are four elementary level schools serving the needs of young students in the neighbourhood.
- Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic School - English Catholic elementary School
- École élémentaire catholique Reine-des-Bois - Catholic French language elementary school
- Dunning-Foubert Elementary School - English public elementary school
- La Source - French language public elementary school
- Queenswood Public School - closed in June 2008.
Queenswood Heights is serviced by the following OC Transpo bus routes:
There is a small strip mall at the corner of des Épinettes and Prestwick which includes:
- Quickie Convenience Store
- Canada Post counter (located inside the Quickie).
- Mama Rosa`s Pizza
- Mobile Plus
- Expressions Hair Design
There is also a small strip mall located at the corner of Tompkins Ave & 10th Line Rd which includes:
- Circle K (formerly Mac`s Convenience Store)
- Top of the Hill Bakery
- M&M Meat Shops
- Milano Pizzeria
Currently there are 5.5km of trails in Queenswood Heights; these trails include a ravine, foot bridges, benches, etc.
- "Travel Planner". OC Transpo. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- "Trail Information – Queenswood Heights Community Association | l'Association communautaire de Queenswood Heights". Queenswood Heights Community Association. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
|This article relating to Ottawa and to Canada's National Capital Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|