Queer Gulabi Pride Jaipur
Queer Gulabi Pride Jaipur is the name of Rajasthan's LGBT Queer pride walk, first held in March 2015 in Jaipur and organised by Nai Bhor Sanstha, a community based organisation working for LGBT rights and development for the last 15 years.
The first Queer Gulabi Pride was held on March 1, 2015 by Nai Bhor Sanstha. The walk commenced from Chomu House circle at 4 pm and ended at Statue Circle, a distance of a kilometre from the starting point. The first pride walk saw close to 100 people walking and participating in the march. This march was a call for action, asking Union and state governments to amend laws, which would allow transgender people to avail welfare schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. Following the April 2014 Supreme Court judgement on Transgender Rights, the community marched to voice concerns regarding pending protections.
The second Queer Gulabi Pride was held on April 3, 2016 and organised by Nai Bhor Sanstha. Around 150-200 people participated in this march. The community marched from Chomu House Circle to Shaheed Smarak.
The third Queer Gulabi Pride organised by Nai Bhor Sanstha was held on March 5, 2017. The walk started at 3:00 pm and followed the route from Shaheed Smarak to Albert Hall via MI Road, Panch Bhatti, Ajmeri Gate, New Gate and Ram Niwas Bagh.
- "Jaipur to witness first Queer Pride march on March 1st - Gaylaxy Magazine". www.gaylaxymag.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Jaipur's own queer parade: 'Gulabi' adds colour to the Pink City". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Pride walk: LGBT group demands social, economic rights". Hindustan Times. 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Supreme Court ruling on Transgender rights | orinam". orinam. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "In Pics: Pride Marches Held in Three Indian Cities in Last Two Months - Gaylaxy Magazine". www.gaylaxymag.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Queer Gulabi Pride 2016". allevents.in. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Queer Gulabi Pride - 3rd Jaipur Pride To Be Held on March 5th - Gaylaxy Magazine". www.gaylaxymag.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.