This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2016)
Quek Leng Chan
|Known for||Co-Founder of Hong Leong Group|
|Title||Executive chairman and executive officer of Hong Leong Group|
|Spouse||Yap Suan Leng|
Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan (simplified Chinese: 郭令灿; traditional Chinese: 郭令燦; pinyin: Guō Lìng Càn; Jyutping: Gwok3 Ling4 Caan3; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Koeh Lēng-chhàn; born 8 December 1941) is a Malaysian tycoon who co-founded Hong Leong Group Malaysia. In 2018, Quek Leng Chan ranked #217 on the Forbes World's Billionaires list, with wealth listed at US$7.2 billion. As for 16 February 2021, Tan Sri Quek's net worth is listed at US$9.9 billion and ranked 147th on Forbes.
Early life and education
He has extensive business experience in various sectors, including financial services, manufacturing and real estate. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Hong Leong Company (Malaysia) Berhad ("HLCM"), executive chairman of Hong Leong Industries Berhad ("HLI"), Hume Industries (Malaysia) Berhad ("HIMB"), Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad, GuocoLand (Malaysia) Berhad, Camerlin Group Berhad and chairman of Hong Leong Bank Berhad, HLG Capital Berhad ("HLG"), Hong Leong Assurance Berhad, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad and Hong Leong Foundation ("HLF").
Quek oversees the Malaysian operations of the Hong Leong Group while his cousin Kwek Leng Beng oversees the Singapore operations.
In September 2022, he was appointed chairman of the board of the real estate company GuocoLand Ltd.
- Malaysia :
- "Forbes Billionaires 2022: The Richest People in the World". Forbes.
- Asia, Tatler. "Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan". Tatler Asia. Retrieved 2022-12-15.
- "GuocoLand to appoint Quek Leng Chan as chairman of the board at upcoming AGM". The Edge Markets. 2022-09-30. Retrieved 2022-12-08.
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 2019-07-19. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- Guoco raid on BIL shares triggers takeover
- HK's Guoco Group offers US$584m for BIL
- Narra Industries Bhd (Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange) Archived 2012-11-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Chairman Quek Leng Chan Makes Low-Profile Visit to Molokai Ranch
- Insider: Quek Leng Chan
- Room At The Top - Kwek Leng Beng
- The Other Kwek