Queponco railway station
Queponco Railway Station
|Location||2378 Patey Woods Rd., Newark, Maryland|
|Area||less than one acre|
|NRHP reference #||95001546|
|Added to NRHP||January 19, 1996|
The Queponco Railway Station is a historic United States railway station located at 8378 Patey Woods Road, Newark, Worcester County, Maryland. Constructed by the Pennsylvania Railroad, the Queponco Railway Station served Snow Hill, Berlin and Newark communities. The station closed in the 1960s.
The Queponco Railway Station preserves railroad heritage in the area and exhibits vintage railroad memorabilia and equipment.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Paul B. Touart (November 1993). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Queponco Railway Station" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- Worcester Museums: Queponco Railway Station
- Queponco Railway Station, Worcester County, including photo from 1993, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Queponco Railway Station (Ocean City Vacation and Hotels Guide website)
|Preceding station||Pennsylvania Railroad||Following station|
|Harrington – Franklin City||
toward Franklin City
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Worcester County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Maryland museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States railway museum or tourist railway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|