Queremos Galego or Plataforma Queremos Galego! (English: We want Galician!) is a citizen platform and social movement, consisting of 600 entities from different areas and by people individually, that was born in 2009 to articulate a collective response in defense of the Galician language, its public use and the linguistic rights of the Galician-speaking population. The main actions of the platform are demonstrations and public acts. The current main goal of Queremos Galego is to fight against the linguistic policy of the People's Party of Galicia.
On January 21, 2010 called a general strike in the Galician education system and for a demonstration in Santiago de Compostela, which was seconded by most unions, opposition political parties, teachers, students, parents and various groups. The demonstration was attended by 50,000 people according to the police and by 100,000 according to Queremos Galego. According to the Xunta de Galicia the 50% of teachers and students went on strike the same day, according to Quermos Galego it was the 90%. The coverage of the strike by the Galician public TV station was widely criticized.
Queremos Galego called for demonstrations again in the Galician Literature Day of 2012 and 2013. Both demonstrations had an assistance o around 25,000 people. In the Galician Literature Day of 2014 Queremos Galego called for 8 demonstrations in the main cities of Galicia against the linguistic policy of the People's Party of Galicia.
- "4- Listaxe apoios colectivos (Queremos Galego)". 20 May 2010. Archived from the original on 20 May 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Galiza, Sermos. "Queremos Galego impulsa un calendario de mobilizacións pola derrogación do 'decretazo´". Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- País, Ediciones El (19 October 2009). "Más de 50.000 personas en la mayor marcha por el gallego de la historia". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Galicia, La Voz de. "A plataforma "Queremos galego" convoca unha folga xeral no ensino". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Gallego, Grupo El Correo. "Só en galego, Galiza ten futuro". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Coruña, La Opinión de A. "Milleiros de persoas piden a retirada do ´decretazo´ do galego´ - La Opinión A Coruña". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- 20Minutos. "Queremos Galego eleva al 90% el apoyo a la huelga contra el decreto lingüístico y la Xunta lo sitúa por debajo del 50% - 20minutos.es". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- País, Ediciones El (25 January 2010). "'Queremos galego' critica el trato de TVG a la huelga". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Gallego, Grupo El Correo. "Un NODO das bondades do inglés". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- http://elprogreso.galiciae.com/nova/46833.html?lang=gl[permanent dead link]
- Galego, Queremos (21 April 2014). "Queremos Galego multiplica por oito as mobilizacións do Día das Letras". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
|This article related to Galicia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|