Quesnell Heights, Edmonton
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Karen Leibovici|
|• Total||0.21 km2 (0.08 sq mi)|
|Elevation||667 m (2,188 ft)|
|• Density||1,647.6/km2 (4,267/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-10.6%|
Quesnell Heights is a neighbourhood in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is bounded by the Rio Terrace neighbourhood across 149 Street to the west, Whitemud Drive to the north and east, the North Saskatchewan River valley to the south.
Approximately 83% of construction in Quesnell Heights occurred during the 1960s with most of the remainder occurring during the 1970s.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Quesnell Heights had a population of  a -10.6% change from its 2009 population of 387. With a land area of 0.21 km2 (0.081 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,647.6 people/km2 in 2012.346 living in 124 dwellings,
Vehicle access to Quesnell Heights is limited to the 156 Street overpass over Whitemud Drive and the 159 Street interchange along Whitemud Drive via Rio Terrace and Patricia Heights to the west.
Pedestrian access to the neighbourhood is available from Laurier Heights via a pedestrian bridge over the Whitemud Drive.
Quesnell Park, one hectare in size, is located near the geographic centre of the neighbourhood between Quesnell Road and Quesnell Crescent.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Welcome to Edmonton Maps". City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Rio Terrace Community League". Rio Terrace Community League. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "ETS Day Map" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2012-04-29.[permanent dead link]
- "A Community Profile: Quesnell Heights" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
|This Edmonton Metropolitan Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|