Quest Community Newspapers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|South East Queensland|
|Parent||News Corp Australia|
It currently publishes weekly tabloids and one bi-weekly, providing news coverage primarily for the greater Brisbane area. In total, there are 20 free suburban newspapers, one news magazine (City News) and one gloss lifestyle magazine based on the Sunshine Coast, The Weekender, distributed to households and businesses throughout South East Queensland.
Its head office is at the corner of Mayne Road and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills, Queensland.
Collectively, Quest Community Newspapers cover an area stretching from the Noosa in the north to the borders of the Gold Coast in the south, providing coverage of key suburbs in Brisbane for more than 1,000,000 readers weekly.
The full list of titles are:
- Albert and Logan News - the only bi-weekly newspaper in the group, it publishes every Wednesday and Friday
- Caboolture Shire Herald
- City News
- City North News (May 5, 2005 – present)
- City South News
- Ipswich News (July 6, 2006 – February 13, 2013)
- Logan West Leader
- Noosa Journal
- North-West News
- Northern Times
- Northside Chronicle
- Pine River Press
- Redcliffe & Bayside Herald
- South-East Advertiser
- Southern Star
- South-West News
- Springfield News
- Westside News
- Wynnum Herald
- Maroochy Journal (November 5, 2010 – present)
- Caloundra Journal (November 5, 2010 – present)
All Quest titles feature regular sections such as Motoring, Sport, Property and Entertainment as well as local news and issues. In 2003 and again in 2010 the group undertook a dumbing-down of all the newspapers to improve the ease with which its newspapers can be read.
The Quest Newspaper Group was formed in July 1985 through an amalgamation of established weekly free-distribution newspapers across Brisbane.
- "Northern Exposure". City North News (Brisbane, Australia) (1 ed.). 2005-05-05. p. 002. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Southern view". South West News (Brisbane, Australia) (1 ed.). 2006-07-05. p. 002. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Chudleigh, Jane (2013-02-13). "It has been an honour". Ipswich News (Brisbane, Australia) (1 ed.). p. 002. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Read all about it in our two new papers". Courier Mail, The/Sunday Mail, The/QWeekend Magazine (Brisbane, Australia) (1 - First with the news ed.). 2010-11-05. p. 012. Retrieved 2015-11-30.