Quest for the Mighty Sword
|Quest for the Mighty Sword|
British home video cover
|Directed by||Joe D'Amato|
|Produced by||Carlo Maria Cordio|
|Screenplay by||Joe D'Amato|
|Music by||Carlo Maria Cordio|
|Edited by||Kathleen Stratton|
|94 minutes (United States)|
Once upon a time, a god gave a mighty sword to the king of Aquiles to bring justice to his people. Now he wants it back - but the king gives his life rather than give up the sword. Goddess Dehamira, who spoke for him, is stripped of all her privileges and held in a circle of fire until a human arrives who's strong enough to free her. When prince Ator becomes 18, he gets the sword from the mean sorcerer gnome Grindl to free Dehamira and his people. On his journey, he has to fight against dragons and other fantastic figures.
- Eric Allan Kramer as The Son of Ator (as Eric Allen Kramer)
- Margaret Lenzey as Dehamira / DeJanira
- Dina Morrone as Sunn
- Marisa Mell as Nephele
- Laura Gemser as Grimilde
- Donald O'Brien as Gunther (as Donal O'Brien)
- Chris Murphy as Skiold
- Don Semeraro as Thorn-Grindel Hagen
The film was also released as Ator III: The Hobgoblin, The Hobgoblin, Troll 3 and The Lord of Akili.
John Stanley called the film "[a]nother pathetic entry in the Italian-produced Ator series", while Keith Bailey categorises it as "so bad it's good" with reservations due to some "dull moments" - rating it one of five stars. He observes that the film's hero "manages to avoid spaghetti sauce lava when not fighting Siamese-twin robots and mucus-covered Godzilla clones in a quest that really doesn't seem to have any specific goal" and thus grants that "there are some hilariously bad sequences that will please fans of the abysmal".
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 202.
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 203.
- Staff, Bowker Editorial (2001). "Bowker's Complete Video Directory 2001". Bowker. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Schneider, André (2013). Die Feuerblume: Über Marisa Mell und ihre Filme (in German). Books on Demand. p. 195. ISBN 9783732275151. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Armstrong, Richard B.; Armstrong, Mary Willems (2015). Encyclopedia of Film Themes, Settings and Series. McFarland. ISBN 9781476612300. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Rushing 2016, p. 187.
- Stanley, John (2000). Creature Features: The Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Movie Guide. Berkley Boulevard Books. p. 422. ISBN 9780425175170. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Bailey, Keith. "Quest for the Mighty Sword – review | cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online". Radio Times. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Quest for the Mighty Sword at AllMovie
- Quest for the Mighty Sword on IMDb
- Quest for the Mighty Sword at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a fantasy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|