|Genres||Noise rock, alternative rock|
Heart of a Champion records
|Associated acts||The Jesus Lizard
|Past members||David Yow|
Qui (pronounced as "Kwee") are a rock group formed in 2000 in Los Angeles by Paul Christensen (drums/vocals) and Matt Cronk (guitar/vocals). A combination of punk, noise and experimental rock, they released their first full-length album Baby Kisses in 2003.
In 2006, after performing a number of shows as a guest vocalist, David Yow (ex-Scratch Acid, The Jesus Lizard) joined the band as vocalist, and features on the 2007 album Love's Miracle, released on Mike Patton's label Ipecac Recordings. Most of the songs on this album were written before Yow joined, but were reworked to take account of his vocals. The first release with Yow fully involved came with the 2007 single "Today, Gestation" / "Freeze".
In early 2008, Yow was hospitalized with a punctured lung after a show in Pittsburgh. He has now fully recovered and the band announced European dates that took place during the second half of 2008. As of 2013, David Yow is no longer in the band.
- Baby Kisses (2003)
- Love's Miracle (2007)
- Life, Water, Living... (2014)
- Qui w/ Trevor Dunn (2017)
- "Today, Gestation" / "Freeze" (2007)
- Interview with David Yow Drowned in Sound
- Interview with David Yow Archived October 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Philadelphia Weekly, 10 October 2007
- Today, Gestation / Freeze review and stream Pitchfork Media
- Yow hospitalized, Qui cancel tour Archived January 29, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Pitchfork Media