|Born||El Dorado, AR|
He is an artistic director of the Obie Award and Caffe Cino Award winning Vampire Cowboys Theatre Company, whose productions, penned and choreographed by Nguyen, have performed to sold-out audiences at the New York International Fringe Festival, been published nationally in Plays and Playwrights 2005, enjoyed extended runs throughout the nation, and have been nominated for and received awards in movement and fight direction.
Qui's plays include Vietgone, Soul Samurai, The Inexplicable Redemption of Agent G, Alice in Slasherland, Fight Girl Battle World, Krunk Fu Battle Battle, She Kills Monsters, Trial By Water, Living Dead in Denmark, Stained Glass Ugly, A Beginner's Guide to Deicide, Men of Steel, Bike Wreck, and Vampire Cowboy Trilogy. He is a member of New Dramatists, Ensemble Studio Theatre, The Playwrights' Center, and the Ma-Yi Theater Company's Writers Lab. He also began writing for Marvel Studios in 2016. His work with the Vampire Cowboys, particularly in the staging of martial arts, has been documented in a dissertation from the Drama Department at Tufts University.
- Fight Girl Battle World
- The Inexplicable Redemption Of Agent G
- Living Dead In Denmark
- Men Of Steel
- Soul Samurai
by Playscripts, Inc.
- Aliens vs Cheerleaders
- Alice in Slasherland
- A Beginner's Guide to Deicide
- Bike Wreck
- Trial By Water
- Vampire Cowboy Trilogy
- She Kills Monsters
- Begets: Fall of a High School Ronin
- Six Rounds of Vengeance
His work is also included in various anthologies
- "What's So Funny? Eight theatre artists who make us laugh (even when we're not supposed to)"; American Theatre Magazine, October 2010. Tcg.org (July 22, 2002). Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- The Village Voice Fifty-Sixth Annual Obies 2010 List of Winners. Obies.villagevoice.com (May 17, 2010). Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- New York Innovative Theatre Awards 2006 Nominees & Recipients. Nyitawards.com. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- NYTE Small Press Plays and Playwrights 2005. Nytesmallpress.com (October 17, 2010). Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- New York Innovative Theatre Awards 2005 IT Awards Nominees and Recipients. Nyitawards.com (July 18, 2005). Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- New York Innovative Theatre Awards 2007 IT Awards Nominees and Recipients. Nyitawards.com (September 24, 2007). Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- New York Innovative Theatre Awards 2008 IT Award Recipients. Nyitawards.com. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- New Dramatists Plays and Playwrights Catalogue – Qui Nguyen Archived August 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.. (PDF) . Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Langsner, Meron (2011). Impossible Bodies in Motion: The Representation of Martial Arts on the American Stage. ProQuest. p. 209.
|This Asian American–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a dramatist or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|