|Subsidiary of AT&T|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
President & CEO
Quickplay Media is a Canadian-based company that provides managed services for the distribution of premium multi-screen video to IP-connected devices. The company’s managed services platform, OpenVideo, powers mobile video services for live TV, video on demand (VOD) and radio services for companies including AT&T Wireless, Bell Mobility, Verizon Wireless, Motorola Mobility, Rogers Wireless, Research In Motion, Sirius XM, and U.S. Cellular.
Quickplay was founded in April 2004 and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario; with a global delivery center in San Diego California, and offices throughout the US, Singapore, and in London, England. The company currently has 2 million content assets under management as well as more than 700 live TV channels.
Quickplay Media has received venture funding from GMP Securities L.P., General Catalyst Partners, Ventures West, J.L. Albright and Up Capital.
In May 2010, research firm IDC named Quickplay to its list of "Ten Canadian Mobile and Wireless Companies to Watch."
Madison Dearborn Partners became a majority owner in 2012. AT&T announced on May 16th 2016, that it would acquire Quickplay from Madison Dearborn Partners. As of June 2016[update], it is a subsidiary of AT&T.
- Primack, Dan (9 July 2012). "Private equity deals". fortune.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "AT&T to Enhance Next-Generation Video-Delivery Platform". AT&T Newsroom. about.att.com. AT&T. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Aycock, Jason (28 June 2016). "AT&T closes acquisition of Quickplay Media". seekingalpha.com. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Our Bureau (11 September 2014). "QuickPlay sets up centre in Chennai". Business Line. thehindubusinessline.com. The Hindu. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Clancy, Michelle (February 9, 2012). "TVB taps QuickPlay to power China's myTV mobile video". Rapid TV News. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- Carew, Sinead (April 1, 2009). "Quickplay to offer popular TV shows on BlackBerry". Reuters. Retrieved December 12, 2011.