|• Mayor||Thomas Köppl (CDU)|
|• Total||43.16 km2 (16.66 sq mi)|
|Elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||04106, 04193|
Quickborn is a town in the district of Pinneberg, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It belongs to Metropolregion Hamburg and is located north of Hamburg on Autobahn A7. Quickborn is one of the rich towns surrounding Hamburg with per capita income of 43,971€ (2015).
Quickborn is located about 18 km north of Hamburg, on the eastern edge of Kreis Pinneberg, and is the largest town in that district. It lies on the A7 between Hamburg and Neumünster. Quickborn is located along the Hamburg-Altona–Neumünster railway, which connects it to the AKN railway and buses of the Hamburger Verkehrsverbund. Northwest of Quickborn is the Himmelmoor, the largest raised bog in Schleswig-Holstein, which is about 605 hectares large. It has long been used for peat mining. For this purpose, a narrow-gauge railway was built through the bog. South of the city is the Holmmoor, a nature preserve that is about 110 ha. large.
Quickborn is twinned with:
- Boxholm, Sweden (since 13.09.1974)
- Uckfield, Sussex, England (since 18.02.1990)
- Malchow, Germany (since 08.09.1990)
- Daniel Matthias Heinrich Mohr (1780–1808) botanist.
- Franz Josef Degenhardt (1931–2011) songwriter, poet, satirist, novelist
- Carlo von Tiedemann (born 1943), TV Anchorman and actor
- Mike Krüger (born 1951), Comedian, actor, singer, lived for several years in Quickborn
|This Pinneberg district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|