Quickborn is a town in the district of Pinneberg, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It is situated approximately 17 km east of Elmshorn, and 20 km north of Hamburg.
Quickborn is located about 20 km northwest of Hamburg, on the eastern edge of Kreis Pinneberg, and is the largest town in that district. It lies on the A7 between Hamburg and Neumünster. Quickborn is located along the Hamburg-Altona–Neumünster railway, which connects it to the AKN railway and buses of the Hamburger Verkehrsverbund. Northwest of Quickborn is the Himmelmoor, the largest raised bog in Schleswig-Holstein, which is about 605 hectares large. It has long been used for peat mining. For this purpose, a narrow-gauge railway was built through the bog. South of the city is the Holmmoor, a nature preserve that is about 110 ha. large.
Quickborn is twinned with:
- Boxholm, Sweden (since 13.09.1974)
- Uckfield, East Sussex, England (since 18.02.1990)
- Malchow, Germany (since 08.09.1990)
- Carlo von Tidemann (* 1943), Anchorman and actor
- Mike Krüger (* 1951), Comedian, actor, singer, lived for several years in Quickborn