||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||New wave, contemporary Christian music|
|Labels||Tunesmith, Star Song|
|Past members||Pete Cordalis
Quickflight was a new wave band formed in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. The band released two albums in the early 1980s Breakaway on Tunesmith and their second Decent Beat on Star Song Records.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Quickflight's musical style on their first album, Breakaway, was similar to keyboard-oriented, electronic, arena rock bands of the 80s mixed with new wave and was released on Tunesmith Records in 1980.
Their second album, Decent Beat, was recorded at Little Mountain Sound Studios in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and was released by Star Song Records in 1983. It was ground-breaking because it was one of the first Christian Contemporary releases in which the instruments used consisted almost entirely of synthesizers and sequencers in a style influenced by British synthesizer bands, particularly After the Fire. The album was also one of the first Christian Contemporary Music albums that was digitally mastered although it was never released on CD.
Quickflight toured through the Mid-West and West Coast of the U.S. and parts of Canada, at several outdoor festivals, playing with a variety of Christian artists who included Steve Taylor, Rez Band, Kerry Livgren, Sheila Walsh, Undercover and Larry Norman.
- Ric deGroot
- Dale Dirksen
- Greg Johnson
- Gary Hendricks - drummer
- Pete Cordalis
- Doug Giesbrecht- bass
- Mike King
- Paul Iverson
- Scotty Hall
- Chris Livingstone
- Ruth Shareski (Evenden)
- "Pink Shirts"
- "Feelin' Sad"
- "Modern Romans"
- "Between the Lines"
- "Fine Line"
- "I Saw You"
- "Water of Life"
- "Remote Control"
- "In the World"
- "Safety in Numbers"
- "System Breakdown"
- "Fade to Glory"
- "Metro Alien"
- "I Dream"
- Musical Production: Ric deGroot
- Audio Production: Ron Obvious
- Executive Producer: Bob Brooks
- Art Direction & Design: Joan Tankersley
- Illustration: Denise Chapman
- Layout: Lori Cooper
- Source: Ric deGroot, Star Song Records
- Breakaway (sound recording) / Quickflight, Ottawa: Library and Archives Canada, OCLC 8921576, AMICUS No. 29060480, retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Decent beat (sound recording) / Quickflight, Ottawa: Library and Archives Canada, OCLC 17335689, AMICUS No. 19928633, retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Quickflight". wordpress.com. 19 May 2006. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 736. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- "Decent Beat Review". CCM Magazine. Nashville: Salem Publishing. ISSN 1524-7848. OCLC 40101404. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Quickflight / Breakaway". Museum of Canadian Music. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- WorldCat. "Decent beat". OCLC 17335689. Retrieved 24 February 2011.