This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
LexisNexis Quicklaw is a Canadian electronic legal research database that provides court decisions from all levels, news reports, provincial and federal statutes, journals, and other legal commentary. It also offers a case citator and case digests. In 2002 Quicklaw was purchased by LexisNexis and is now a subsidiary of LexisNexis Canada.
LexisNexis Quicklaw is used by lawyers and law firms in Canada to access case law, legislation, exclusive current awareness services, expert commentary and more.
In addition to research, the LexisNexis Quicklaw service also includes citation tools to help lawyers and law firms validate the authority of cases, find summaries of judicial considerations, along with treatment and pinpoint references.
LexisNexis Quicklaw Products
LexisNexis Quicklaw is composed several products, providing legal practitioners with the access they need to perform their research.
LexisNexis Quicklaw Full Service
- The complete online collection of Halsbury’s Laws of Canada
- All titles of The Canada Digest, with case summaries organized by area of law
- Canada Quantums, offering comprehensive coverage of all quantum awards from all English-speaking common law jurisdictions
- Solicitor Forms & Precedents to help you draft customized documents with ease
- NetLetters, keeping you up to date on the latest case law
- Domestic and international law journals for supplementary analysis and insight
- An extensive collection of full-text court and tribunal decisions dating back to the 1800s
- Canadian Legal Words & Phrases, now including Commonwealth and Latin terms, to broaden your research scope
LexisNexis Quicklaw Full Service International
- All the Canadian content available in LexisNexis Quicklaw Full Service
- U.S. federal and state case law, statutes and regulations and the Shepard’s Citations Service for easy tracing of case histories
- The full collection of U.K. primary law, including the All England Law Reports and The Law Reports, the CaseSearch citator and Halsbury’s® Is It in Force?, covering the roots of common law principles
- The complete source of Australia and New Zealand primary law and the CaseBase citator updated daily for maximum currency
- Canadian and international news and business sources specially selected to meet your worldwide business intelligence needs
LexisNexis Quicklaw Essentials
Designed for practices that focus on particular legal segments, LexisNexis Quicklaw Essentials provides all the content needed to research those areas.
- LexisNexis Quicklaw Criminal Essentials
- LexisNexis Quicklaw Employment Essentials
- LexisNexis Quicklaw General Practice Essentials
- LexisNexis Quicklaw Family & Estates Essentials
- LexisNexis Quicklaw SME Business Essentials
- LexisNexis Quicklaw Civil Litigation Essentials
Westlaw/eCarswell - offers similar fee-based services.
CanLii.org - is a non-profit organization managed by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. CanLII's goal is to make Canadian law accessible for free on the Internet. This website provides access to court judgments, tribunal decisions, statutes and regulations from all Canadian jurisdictions. Canlii is part of the collaboration of Legal Information Institute's around the world which include AustLII, BaiLII, LII, etc.
|This article about Canadian law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|