This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Quindon Dan Tarver|
August 4, 1982|
|Genres||R&B * Pop|
|Occupation(s)||singer, songwriter, actor|
Quindon Tarver (born August 4, 1982) is an American singer. He is best known for his covers of Prince's "When Doves Cry" and Rozalla's "Everybody's Free" for the 1996 film William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet.
Life and career
Tarver was born in McKinney, Texas. He started out singing in church. He appeared in the Baz Luhrmann movie Romeo + Juliet co starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes as the choir boy. His album, Quindon, was released in 1996 by Virgin Records and included the single "It's You That's on My Mind", which charted in Australia and New Zealand.
Tarver's cover of "Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)", as well as his rendition of Prince's "When Doves Cry", were included on Romeo + Juliet's soundtrack, which earned double platinum status for selling two million copies.
Under the same management as then teen sensations Immature/IMx, Smooth, Gyrl, and B2K, Tarver began to appeal to a large market of teens and subsequently toured the world with the likes of Immature, Brandy and Monica.
Tarver has contributed to the soundtracks of such feature films as Kazaam (A&M Records) and Down in the Delta (Virgin Records), and has made appearances on Good Morning America, Soul Train and American Idol Seasons 2 & 7, in which he finished in the Top 50. He has worked with artists Faith Evans, Playa, Tiny (of Xscape and VH1’s Family Hustle and Nokio (of R&B group Dru Hill). He has worked with many producers, most notably Troy Taylor.
Tarver has a YouTube channel called QuindonTarverInc and is currently working on a new project, as well as writing a book. Check out his interview with Cosmopolitan for the Romeo + Juliet's 20th Anniversary http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a8059375/quindon-tarver-romeo-and-juliet-interview/ .
- Quindon (1996)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"It's You That's on My Mind"||1996||64||41||Quindon|
|"When Doves Cry"||1997||3||34||Romeo + Juliet|
|"Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)"
(Baz Luhrmann with uncredited vocals by Quindon Tarver)
|1998||65||—||Something for Everybody|
|"It's My Turn"||2014||—||—||N/A|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
- "Biography for Quindon Tarver". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2006-10-08.[unreliable source?]
- "Quindon Tarver". The Boy Choir & Soloist Directory. Retrieved 2008-12-21.[unreliable source?]
- "Quindon CD Album". CD Universe. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Peaks in Australia:
- "It's You That's on My Mind" and "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)": Ryan, Gavin (2011). Australia's Music Charts 1988–2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing.
- "When Doves Cry": "australian-charts.com - Discography Quindon Tarver". Hung Medien. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "charts.org.nz - Discography Quindon Tarver". Hung Medien. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "iTunes - Music - It's My Turn - Single by Quindon Tarver". Apple Inc. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Quindon Tarver's official YouTube channel". Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Myspace Page". Quindon's official Myspace page. Retrieved 2007-12-12.[unreliable source?]
|This article about a United States pop singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|