Quinsigamond State Park
|Quinsigamond State Park|
|Massachusetts State Park|
Lake Quinsigamond from Regatta Point
|Location||Lake Avenue; Hamilton Street|
|- elevation||365 ft (111 m)|
|Lowest point||Lake Quinsigamond|
|- elevation||358 ft (109 m) |
|Area||38 acres (15 ha) |
|Management||Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation|
|Website: Quinsigamond State Park|
Quinsigamond State Park is a public recreation area comprising two day-use areas along the western shore of Lake Quinsigamond in the city of Worcester, Massachusetts. The Regatta Point area is across North Lake Avenue from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, north of Route 9. The Lake Park area is south of Route 9. The park is managed by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Activities and amenities
- Races: Lake Quinsigamond has an internationally known 2,000 meter rowing course and is one of the oldest competition rowing sites in the country. The park provides a good place from which to view regattas.
- Regatta Point: The 25 acres (10 ha) at Regatta Point offer swimming, sailing, picnicking, and fishing facilities.
- Lake Park: The Lake Park area includes a picnic area, swimming beach, and tennis courts.
- "Lake Quinsigamond". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "2012 Acreage Listing" (PDF). Department of Conservation and Recreation. April 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- "Quinsigamond State Park". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "Racecourses". Exeter Crew. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- Quinsigamond State Park Department of Conservation and Recreation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Quinsigamond State Park.|