|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|• Alcalde||Carmen Gloria Fernández Valenzuela (PDC)|
|• Total||13 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||8,000/km2 (21,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Quinta Normal|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Quinta Normal spans an area of 13 km2 (5 sq mi) and has 104,012 inhabitants (50,509 men and 53,503 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 10.6% (12337 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Population: 95,597 (2006 projection)
- Average annual household income: US$17,919 (PPP, 2006)[dead link]
- Population below poverty line: 10.8% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 77.01, mid-high, 19 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.723, 87 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Quinta Normal is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Carmen Gloria Fernández Valenzuela (PDC). The communal council has the following members:
- Karina Delfino Mussa (PS)
- Pablo García Ramírez (PPD)
- Luis Díaz Espinoza (PC)
- Katherine Martorell Awad (RN)
- Javier Lagos Rosales (PDC)
- Francisco Duarte Díaz (PDC)
- Elizabet Rudzajs Corbalán (UDI)
- Lorenzo Mora Moraga (UDI)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Quinta Normal is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Nicolás Monckeberg (RN) and Cristina Girardi (PPD) as part of the 18th electoral district, (together with Cerro Navia and Lo Prado). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on January 11, 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Quinta Normal" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on January 11, 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on September 11, 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on September 11, 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile. Archived April 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003) Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
Media related to Quinta Normal at Wikimedia Commons
- (in Spanish) — Municipality of Quinta Normal