Location of Quintana, Texas
|• Total||2.39 sq mi (6.19 km2)|
|• Land||0.69 sq mi (1.79 km2)|
|• Water||1.70 sq mi (4.39 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||135.64/sq mi (52.40/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1380409|
Quintana is located in southern Brazoria County at  on Quintana Beach along the Gulf of Mexico. It is bordered by the city of Surfside Beach to the northeast, across the entrance to Freeport Harbor, and by the city of Freeport to the southwest in the area of Bryan Beach. The Intracoastal Waterway on the northwest separates Quintana from the main portion of Freeport.,
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town of Quintana has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2), of which 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2) are land and 1.4 square miles (3.5 km2), or 67.87%, are covered by water.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen climate classification, Quintana has a humid subtropical climate, Cfa on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, 38 people, 20 households, and 11 families were residing in the town. The population density was 62.6 people per square mile (24.1/km2). The 41 housing units averaged 67.6 per mi2 (26.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 84.21% White, and 15.79% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 15.79% of the population.
Of 20 households, 10.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.0% were married couples living together, 5.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 45.0% were not families. About 25.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.90 and the average family size was 2.18.
In the town, the age distribution was 10.5% under 18, 5.3% from 18 to 24, 26.3% from 25 to 44, 42.1% from 45 to 64, and 15.8% who were 65 or older. The median age was 48 years. For every 100 females, there were 171.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 142.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $25,500, and for a family was $11,875. Males had a median income of $27,500 versus $14,688 for females. The per capita income for the town was $15,900. About 25.0% of families and 18.2% of the population were living below the poverty line, with none under 18 or over 64.
- Freeport Elementary School (prekindergarten to grade 1)
- Velasco Elementary School (grades 2-4)
- Lanier Middle School (5-6)
- Freeport Intermediate School (7-8)
- Brazosport High School (9-12)
It was previously zoned to O.A. Fleming Elementary School (PK-1), and Jane Long Elementary School (grades 2-4). Jane Long was scheduled to close in 2017, with Fleming taking grades K-1 and Velasco Elementary taking over grades 2-4. Fleming was scheduled to close when the new Freeport Elementary School opened in 2018.
The town is served by the Brazoria County Library System.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Quintana town, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Quintana, Texas
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Quintana town, TX" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2020-06-17. - compare this map to school boundary maps of BISD.
- "Current elementary boundary maps". Brazosport Independent School District. Retrieved 2020-06-17. - Compare to a map of the Quintana city limits.
- "Feeder Patterns" (PDF). Brazosport Independent School District. Retrieved 2020-06-17. - Since Quintana is zoned to Freeport Elementary, according to this document, it is also zoned to Velasco Elementary, Lanier Middle, Freeport Intermediate, and Brazosport High.
- "Elementary Boundary Zones" (PDF). Brazosport Independent School District. Retrieved 2020-06-17. - Compare to a map of the Quintana city limits.
- "Brazosport ISD School Feeder Patterns". Brazosport Independent School District. Retrieved 2020-06-17. - The file explains that everybody zoned to O. A. Fleming was also zoned to Long, Lanier Middle, Freeport Intermediate, and Brazosport High.
- Calahan, Erinn (2017-04-05). "BISD breaks ground on new Freeport Elementary campus". Brazosport Facts. Retrieved 2020-06-17.
- "Brazosport College Map" (PDF). Brazoria County Appraisal District. Retrieved 2020-06-18.
- Texas Education Code Sec. 130.170. BRAZOSPORT COLLEGE DISTRICT SERVICE AREA.