Quintessence is an album by American jazz pianist Bill Evans. It was recorded in 1976 for Fantasy Records and released the following year. At this time usually playing solo or with his trio, for these sessions Evans was the leader of an all-star quintet featuring Harold Land on tenor saxophone, guitarist Kenny Burrell, Ray Brown on bass, and Philly Joe Jones drums.
Writing for Allmusic, music critic Scott Yanow called the album "a nice change of pace."
- "Sweet Dulcinea Blue" (Kenny Wheeler) – 6:02
- "Martina" (Michel Legrand, Eddy Marnay, Hal Shaper) – 8:12
- "Second Time Around" (Jimmy Van Heusen, Sammy Cahn) – 3:41
- "A Child Is Born" (Thad Jones, Alec Wilder) – 7:30
- "Bass Face" (Kenny Burrell) – 10:04
CD reissue bonus track:
- Helen Keane – producer
- Phil Kaffel – engineer
- Phil DeLancie – remastering
- Galen Rowell - cover photo
- Phil Bray - booklet photos
||Billboard Jazz Albums