|Traded as||NYSE: Q|
|Industry||Contract Research Organization
Pharmaceutical Service Consulting
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Dennis Gillings, Founder
Ari Bousbib, Chairman and CEO
Tom Pike, Vice-Chairman
|Products||Support services for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical companies and individuals|
|Revenue||US$ Approximately $4.2 billion in Service Revenue (2014)|
Number of employees
|~ 35,000 (2015)|
Quintiles IMS Holdings, Inc., branded as QuintilesIMS is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. It is a Fortune 500 company and the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 50,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries.
QuintilesIMS is the world’s largest contract research organization as ranked by reported service revenues, and is focused primarily on Phase II-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services.
- In 1982, Dennis Gillings founded and incorporated Quintiles Transnational in North Carolina.
- Quintiles Transnational established Quintiles Pacific Inc. and Quintiles Ireland Ltd. in 1990, and in 1991 Quintiles GmbH was established in Germany and Quintiles Laboratories Ltd. was established in Atlanta, Georgia.
- In September 1996, Quintiles purchased Innovex Ltd. of Britain for $747.5 million in stock.
- Quintiles went public in 1997 and completed a successful secondary stock offering.
- Over 2016 concluding on October 3, Quintiles underwent a $17.6 billion merger with IMS Health becoming QuintilesIMS.
- Smith, Rick. "Quintiles, IMS Health complete $17B merger; no word on any job cuts". WRAL Techwire, Capitol Broadcasting Corporation, Inc. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Inside Quintiles: The World's Largest CRO". Outsourcing-Pharma.com.
- Matthew Herper (November 22, 2010). "Money, Math and Medicine". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Quintiles Pacific, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- "Quintiles Laboratories Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- Derdak T, Atkins, W (2005). "Quintiles Transnational Corp". Encyclopedia.com.
- Olivia Oran (9 May 2013). "Quintiles IPO raises more-than-planned $947 million as stocks rally". Reuters.
- Henderson, Jennifer (3 October 2016). "Quintiles, IMS Health complete merger". Triangle Business Journal, American City Business Journals. Retrieved 3 October 2016.