|Traded as||NYSE: Q|
|Industry||Contract Research Organization
Pharmaceutical Service Consulting
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Dennis Gillings, Founder
Tom Pike CEO
Kevin Gordon COO
|Products||Support services for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical companies and individuals|
|Revenue||US$ Approximately $4.2 billion in Service Revenue (2014)|
Number of employees
|~ 35,000 (2015)|
Quintiles Transnational, INC (NYSE: Q), is an American multinational company. It is a Fortune 500 company and the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 32,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries.
Quintiles is the world’s largest contract research organization as ranked by reported service revenues, and is focused primarily on Phase II-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services. The division of Quintiles Integrated Healthcare Services is an outsourcing partner for pharmaceutical companies to support sales and healthcare business services, such as outcome research and marketing.
- In 1982, Dennis Gillings founded and incorporated Quintiles Transnational in North Carolina.
- Quintiles Transnational established Quintiles Pacific Inc. and Quintiles Ireland Ltd. in 1990, and in 1991 Quintiles GmbH was established in Germany and Quintiles Laboratories Ltd. was established in Atlanta, Georgia.
- In September 1996, Quintiles purchased Innovex Ltd. of Britain for $747.5 million in stock.
- Quintiles went public in 1997 and completed a successful secondary stock offering.
- "Inside Quintiles: The World's Largest CRO". Outsourcing-Pharma.com.
- Matthew Herper (November 22, 2010). "Money, Math and Medicine". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Quintiles Pacific, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- "Quintiles Laboratories Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- Derdak T, Atkins, W (2005). "Quintiles Transnational Corp". Encyclopedia.com.
- Olivia Oran (9 May 2013). "Quintiles IPO raises more-than-planned $947 million as stocks rally". Reuters.