||It has been suggested that this article be split into multiple articles. (Discuss.) (August 2013)|
Quinton is a place name, a surname or a masculine given name.
The English surname and given name may originate from the English place name Quinton. The French surname Quinton [kɛ̃tɔ̃] is a common surname and a former given name. It is a variant form of Quenton [kɑ̃tɔ̃], itself from Quentin, Quintin with a usual replacement of the suffix -in (such as in the surnames Quintard, Quintier) by -on, suffix commonly used in the French given names (e. g. Marion, Yvon) and surnames (e.g. Creton, Crinon, Bricon, etc.)
Quinton may refer to:
- Quinton de Kock, South African cricketer
- Quinton Andrews, American football player
- Quinton Boatswain, Montserratian cricketer
- Anthony Quinton, a philosopher
- A. R. Quinton, an English watercolour artist
- Quinton Fortune, South African footballer
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, an American Mixed Martial Artist
- Quinton Knight, American football player
- René Quinton, a French naturalist
- Sophie Quinton, a French actress
In the United Kingdom:
In the United States:
- Chinn, Carl. "Our Patron". Quinton Local History Society. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Quinton Family History". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- repartition of the birth with the surname "Quinton" in France, before WWI
- Albert Dauzat, Noms et prénoms de France, Librairie Larousse 1980, édition revue et commentée par Marie-Thérèse Morlet. p. 502b and 503a.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quinton.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.