||It has been suggested that this article be split into multiple articles. (Discuss.) (August 2013)|
Quinton is a place name, a surname or a masculine given name.
The English surname and given name may originate from the English place name Quinton. The French surname Quinton [kɛ̃tɔ̃] is a common surname and a former given name. It is a variant form of Quenton [kɑ̃tɔ̃], itself from Quentin, Quintin with a usual replacement of the suffix -in (such as in the surnames Quintard, Quintier) by -on, suffix commonly used in the French given names (e. g. Marion, Yvon) and surnames (e.g. Creton, Crinon, Bricon, etc.)
Quinton may refer to:
- Quinton de Kock, South African cricketer
- Quinton Boatswain, Montserratian cricketer
- Quinton Fortune, South African footballer
- Quinton Andrews, American football player
- Quinton Knight, American football player
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, an American Mixed Martial Artist
- A. R. Quinton, an English watercolour artist
- René Quinton, a French naturalist
- Sophie Quinton, a French actress
- Anthony Quinton, a philosopher
- Harold Quinton (c. 1899–1969), American business executive
Places in the UK
Places in the US
Places in Canada
- Chinn, Carl. "Our Patron". Quinton Local History Society. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- "Quinton Family History". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
- repartition of the birth with the surname "Quinton" in France, before WWI
- Albert Dauzat, Noms et prénoms de France, Librairie Larousse 1980, édition revue et commentée par Marie-Thérèse Morlet. p. 502b and 503a.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Quinton.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.