Qurayn Abu al Bawl
|Qurayn Abu al Bawl|
|Elevation||103 m (338 ft)|
|Listing||Country high point|
Qurain Abu al-Bawl (also Gurain al Balbul, Gurain al Bâlbûl, Qurain Abul Bul, Qurayn Aba al Bawl, Qurayn Abā al Bawl, Tuwayyir al Hamir) is the highest point of Qatar, with an altitude of 103 metres (343 ft). It is located south of the peninsula near the border to Saudi-Arabia.
"Qurain" is interchangeable with "Qarn", the Arabic word which roughly corresponds to sandy, flat hillock. The second part of the name, romanized either as "Abu al-Bawl" or "Balboul", was chosen as the hill is thought to represent the shape of a traditional flat-shaped toy known as balboul.
- (English) Qurayn Abu al Bawl - World land features database, WorldCityDB.com.
- (English) mountain-forecast.com, Qurayn Abu al Bawl, last viewed 10. März 2012.
- travelingluck.com, Qurayn Abū al Bawl last viewed 10. März 2012
- qatartourism.gov.qa A Key Geographical Location, last viewed 10. März 2012
- Jacques LeBlanc (March 2008). "A fossil hunting guide to the tertiary formations of Qatar, Middle East" (PDF) (1st ed.). p. 71. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
|This Qatari location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|