|Meaning||Member of the Quraish tribe|
|Region of origin||Arabia|
|Related names||Qureshi, Qurashi, Quraishy, Qureishy, Qureyshi, Qurayshi, Quraishi, Qureshy, Quraishy, Qoraishi, Qoreshi, Koraishi, Kureshi, Kureshy, Kureishi, Kourashi, Coreishi|
|Clan affiliations||Hashmi, Siddiqui, Farooqi, Usmani, Syed, Abbasi, Jafri, Shah, Shaikh, Kazi, Alawi|
Qureyshi (also known as Qureshi, Quraishi, Qurayshi, Qureshy, Quraishy, Qoraishi, Qoreshi, Koraishi, Kureshi, Kureshy, Kureishi, Coreish) is a Muslim family name, originating from the Quraysh tribe, which was the noblest tribe in Mecca around the time of the birth of the Prophet Muhammad. At the time of Muhammad’s birth, his grandfather Abdul-Muttalib was the tribal head.
Fihr AlQuraish (bin Malik bin An-Nadr bin Qais bin Kinanah bin Khuzaimah bin Mudriqa bin Ilyas/Ayas bin Mudar bin Nazaar/Nizar bin Mu'aad bin Adnan) was a distinguished tribal chief and the first Qureshi whose descendants are called Banu Quraish. The Prophet Muhammad also mentioned Fihr AlQuraish in his lineage up to Adnan.
Notable people called Qureshi
- Nabeel Qureshi
- Fazal Qureshi
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi
- Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi
- Faisal Qureshi (disambiguation)
- Mustafa Qureshi
- Subhan Qureshi
- Moeenuddin Ahmad Qureshi
- Huma Qureshi (disambiguation)
- Ahsaan Qureshi
- Hanif Kureishi
- "Qureshi Family Information". Qureshifamily.info. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (صلی الله علیه و آله وسلم) - Biography". Qureshifamily.info. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- "Abdul Muttalib / Shibah - Biography". Qureshifamily.info. Retrieved 2013-11-01.