|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Founded in 2002 by Niel Bushnell and his wife Diane, the company was originally based in Hartlepool, England, relocating to Newcastle upon Tyne in February 2009. As well as producing animation for commercials Qurios has a string of TV credits, including Hyperdrive, Spooks, Tracy Beaker Returns and The Dumping Ground. In 2010 Qurios merged with Dene Films, a Newcastle upon Tyne based live action production company. In 2013 they animated the missing episodes of the Doctor Who serial The Ice Warriors for its DVD release.
In 2013 both Qurios and Dene Films closed. Since the closure Niel Bushnell has established himself as a children's author and Production Manager Chris Chatterton has become a picturebook illustrator.
- "Hartlepool Mail article - Hi-tech firm quits town".
- "Evening Gazette article - Film talent comes home to the Tees".
- "Hartlepool Mail article - Boldly going into the future".
- "The Journal Newspaper article - Dene Group on a roll with £800,000 funding".
- "Doctor Who TV - The Ice Warriors animated for DVD – exclusive first look".
- "Radio Times - The Ice Warriors - lost episodes to be animated for DVD".
- "Evening Chronicle - Sadness as Tyneside film industry loses three companies".
- "Hartlepool Mail - Author Niel's on write path".
- "Creativedrum: Freelance: Mission Possible – Interview with illustrator Chris Chatterton".
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|