This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007)
Kurmangazy Sagyrbaev (Kazakh: Құрманғазы Сағырбайұлы, Qūrmanğazy Sağyrbaıūly; 1823–1896) was a Kazakh composer, instrumentalist (kobyz, dombra), and folk artist. He influenced Kazakh musical culture. He was born in 1818 in the Bukey Horde (now Zhanakala District, West Kazakhstan Region). He is buried in the Astrakhan region of Lower Volga in today's Russian Federation.
The Kazakh National Conservatory is officially named after Kurmangazy.
- Kazakhstan 5 Tenge Banknote.ws
- Axel Frey, ed. (2005). Biographischer Index Rußlands und der Sowjetunion [Biographical Index of Russia and the Soviet Union] (in German). Walter de Gruyter. p. 1160. ISBN 9783110933369.
- Kurmangazy Sagyrbaev Madenimura.kz Archived 2019-05-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Monument of Kurmangazy Sagyrbaev atyrautourism.kz Archived 2016-05-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Kassymova, Didar; Kundakbayeva, Zhanat; Markus, Ustina (2012). Historical Dictionary of Kazakhstan. Scarecrow Press. p. 167. ISBN 9780810879836.
- Media related to Kurmangazy Sagyrbayuly at Wikimedia Commons