Qutemol 0.2, interactively showing a nanomachine, with ambient occlusion and cast shadows in real time
|Developer(s)||ISTI - CNR|
|Stable release||0.4.1 / June 6, 2007|
|Operating system||Linux, OS X, Windows|
QuteMol is an open source, interactive, molecular visualization system. QuteMol utilizes the current capabilities of modern GPUs through OpenGL shaders to offer an array of innovative visual effects. QuteMol visualization techniques are aimed at improving clarity and an easier understanding of the 3D shape and structure of large molecules or complex proteins.
- Real Time ambient occlusion
- Depth Aware Silhouette Enhancement
- Ball and Sticks, space-filling and Liquorice visualization modes
- High resolution antialiased snapshots for creating publication quality renderings
- Interactive rendering of large molecules and protein (100k atoms)
- Standard Protein Data Bank input.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to QuteMol.|