|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Qytezë (or Qyteza in its definite form in Albanian) is a community in the Korçë County, southern Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became part of the municipality Devoll. The settlement is known for being the birthplace of Adam Belushi, the father of John and James Belushi.
Qyteza (Albanian: little town) was formed during the 18th century from the Orthodox settlers of nearby abandoned villages, wrecked from the Ottoman oppression. Local people have contributed to the Albanian National Awakening, June Revolution, and the National Liberation Movement (Albania).
Vasil Tromara, an Albanian patriot, would be remembered for raising the Albanian flag in Korçë, on November 28, 1920, marking the end of the inter-dependencies of the region and final incorporation in Albania.
Migration has always characterized the village; nowadays only a few families are still residing in it.
- Belushi family (see John and James Belushi)
- Vasil Tromara, Albanian patriot and freedom fighter
- Kolë Tromara, patriot, Vatra activist, leader of Balli Kombëtar
- Petraq Samsuri, Albanian writer
- John Papajani, former Washington State Senator
- "Location of Qytezë". Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- Law nr. 115/2014
- Main Page (in Albanian), Qyteza.org, retrieved 2013-10-13
- 1912-1920 Përvjetorët e pavarësisë në Korçë [1912-1920, Independence anniversaries in Korce] (in Albanian), balkanweb.com, 2010-11-28, retrieved 2013-10-13
- Fan Noli (1918), Kalendari i Vatrës i motit 1918 [Vatra calendar of the year 1918] (in Albanian), Boston, MA: Vatra (Society), retrieved 2013-10-13
- Our Campaigns
|This article about a specific location in Korçë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|