|Citizenship|| Romanian |
|Alma mater||Babes-Bolyai University (B.A., M.A.),|
University of Notre Dame (Ph.D.)
|Known for||Barabási–Albert model,|
research on scale-free networks
|Awards||Sloan Research Fellow (2004)|
NSF CAREER award (2007)
Maria Goeppert-Mayer Award (2011)
|Institutions||Pennsylvania State University|
Réka Albert (born 2 March 1972, in Reghin) is a Transylvanian-Hungarian scientist. She is professor of physics and adjunct professor of biology at Pennsylvania State University and is noted for the Barabási–Albert model and research into scale-free networks and Boolean modeling of biological systems.
Her work extends to networks in a very general sense, involving for instance investigations on the error tolerance of the world-wide web and on the vulnerability of the North American power grid.
- Albert R., Barabási A.-L.: Statistical mechanics of complex networks, Reviews of Modern Physics, Vol. 74, Nr. 1, pp. 47–97, 2002, doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.74.47, arXiv:cond-mat/0106096v1 (submitted 6 June 2001)
- Jeong H., Tombor B., Albert R., Oltvai Z.N., Barabási A.-L.: The large-scale organization of metabolic networks, Nature 407, pp. 651–654, 2000, doi:10.1038/35036627 arXiv:cond-mat/0010278 (submitted 19 October 2000)
- Albert R., Jeong H., Barabási A.-L.: Error and attack tolerance of complex networks, Nature 406, pp. 378–382, 2000, doi:10.1038/35019019, arXiv:cond-mat/0008064v1 (submitted 3 August 2000)
- Barabási A.-L., Albert R.: Emergence of scaling in random networks, Science, Vol. 286, Nr. 5439, pp. 509–12, 15 October 1999, doi:10.1126/science.286.5439.509, arXiv:cond-mat/9910332v1 (submitted 21 October 1999)
- "Albert Réka". Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Reka Albert, Penn State Physics faculty page (downloaded July 14, 2014)
- Reka Albert, Penn State Biology faculty page at Eberly College of Science (downloaded February 18, 2013)
- C Chen (2003). Mapping Scientific Frontiers: The Quest for Knowledge Visualization. Springer. pp. 96 ff. ISBN 978-1-85233-494-9. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Barabási A.-L., Albert R., Jeong H.: Scale-free characteristics of random networks: the topology of the world-wide web, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. 281, Nrs. 1–4, 2000, pp. 69–77 doi:10.1016/S0378-4371(00)00018-2
- Larry Ness, Ph.D. (5 July 2006). Securing Utility and Energy Infrastructures. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 31 ff. ISBN 978-0-470-05453-6. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Albert R., Albert I., Nakarado G.L.: Structural vulnerability of the North American power grid, Physical Review E, Vol. 69, Nr. 2, 2004, APS, doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.69.025103, arXiv:cond-mat/0401084v1 (submitted 7 January 2004)
- 2011 Maria Goeppert Mayer Award Recipient, American Physical Society (downloaded 18 February 2013)