|Born||Rémy Nicolas Lucien Belvaux
10 November 1966
|Died||4 September 2006
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, actor|
Rémy Nicolas Lucien Belvaux (10 November 1966, Namur, Belgium – 4 September 2006, Orry-la-Ville, France) was a Belgian actor, director, producer and screenwriter. He was the brother of Lucas Belvaux, also an actor and film director, and of Bruno Belvaux, a theater director.
In 1992, he was with André Bonzel and Benoît Poelvoorde, director, producer and actor of the feature film Man Bites Dog. This film, which was his most famous movie, and originally titled "C'est arrivé près de chez vous" (translated as: "It happened in your neighborhood") (1992), is about a camera crew filming a documentary about the life of a serial killer. Belvaux plays one of the journalists. The film won the Special Jury Prize for Belvaux and Bonzel at the 5th Yubari International Fantastic Film Festival in February 1994 and the André Cavens Award for Best Film.
Confrontation with Bill Gates
On 4 February 1998 he was in a four-person gang (alongside Noël Godin and Jan Bucquoy), all of whom were fined for throwing a cream pie in the face of the American businessman and Microsoft founder, Bill Gates, who was on a visit to Brussels at the time. 
- (in French) Caroline Hanotte, Rémy Belvaux, CinéArtistes.com, Septembre 8, 2006. Retrieved on 11 September 2006.
- According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) entry for Rémy Belvaux. Retrieved on 11 September 2006.
- (in Dutch) hln.be, Regisseur Rémy Belvaux overleden, 6 September 2006. Retrieved on 6 September 2006.
- (in French) La Libre Belgique, Décès inopiné du réalisateur Rémy Belvaux, 6 September 2006. Retrieved on 8 September 2006.
- "YUBARI INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC ADVENTURE FILM FESTIVAL'94". yubarifanta.com. Retrieved 19 September 2009. External link in
- "Americas 'Pie terrorists' fined for Gates attack". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC News. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Rémy Belvaux on IMDb
- Rémy Belvaux at AllMovie
- Obituary by Ryan Gilbey, The Independent (UK newspaper), 9th Sep 2006
|This article about a Belgian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|