|Traded as||Euronext: RCO|
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Products||Cognac, wines, rum and liqueurs|
|Revenue||€ 1,127 million (2017-2018)|
|€ 151.3 million (2017-2018)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Rémy Cointreau USA|
Rémy Cointreau is a French, family-owned business group whose origins date back to 1724. The group has an international portfolio of spirits (cognac, liqueurs and spirits): Rémy Martin and Louis XIII cognacs, Cointreau liqueur, METAXA Greek spirit, Mount Gay rum, St-Rémy brandy, The Botanist gin, Bruichladdich single malts, Port Charlotte, Octomore, Westland American whiskey and Domaine des Hautes Glaces French whisky.
Brands and history
Rémy Cointreau brands include:
- Rémy Martin cognac
- Louis XIII cognac
- Mount Gay rum (1989 acquisition)
- Cointreau liqueur
- METAXA Greek spirit
- Bruichladdich / Octomore / Port Charlotte Scotch whisky (2012 acquisitions)
- St-Rémy French brandy
- The Botanist gin (2012 acquisition)
- Domaine des Hautes Glaces French single malt whisky
- Westland American single malt whiskey
The Rémy Cointreau Group is a result of a 1990 merger between E. Rémy Martin & Cie SA and Cointreau & Cie SA, respectively.
In 1999, Rémy Cointreau joined Edrington and Fortune Brands in the creation of a global distribution network (outside the United States). The co-entreprise, named Maxxium, joined Vin & Sprit in 2001. In April 2009, Rémy Cointreau left Maxxium and created its own international distribution network.
In January 2017, Rémy Cointreau announced two acquisitions: Westland Distillery, an American single malt whisky distillery based in Seattle, and Domaine des Hautes Glaces, an organic single malt whisky distillery in the French Alps.
Over the 2017-2018 fiscal year, the Rémy Cointreau Group turnover was 1,127 million euros. Over the 2017-2018 fiscal year, the Rémy Cointreau Group net income (excluding non-reoccurring items) was 151.3 million euros.
- Lechmere, Adam (2010-11-17). "Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck sold to EPI | Daily wine news - the latest breaking wine news from around the world | News". decanter.com. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "Bruichladdich and Rémy Cointreau Reach Agreement". bruichladdich.com. 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2012-07-23.