Réver playing for Internacional in 2015
|Full name||Réver Humberto Alves Araújo|
|Date of birth||4 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Ariranha, Brazil|
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||→ Al-Wahda (loan)||10||(0)|
|2008||→ Grêmio (loan)||35||(2)|
|2016||→ Flamengo (loan)||29||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 October 2017.
Réver Humberto Alves Araújo (born 4 January 1985), simply known as Réver, is a Brazilian footballer who currently plays for Brazilian club Flamengo on loan from Internacional. Mainly a central defender, he can also play as a defensive midfielder. He has won the Bola de Prata and Prêmio Craque do Brasileirão twice each.
Born in Ariranha, São Paulo, Réver started his career at Paulista, a Série B football club based in Jundiaí, and was promoted to the first team in 2004. He was a part of the Paulista Championship runner-up squad and contributed to the major title of the club, the 2005 Brazilian Cup.
Réver soon became an important first teamer alongside Marcio Mossoró and Victor and attracted many other big Brazilian clubs. Despite the bad campaign in the Libertadores in 2006, he stood out and went on loan to Al-Wahda, a football club based in Abu Dhabi.
In early 2008, after the relegation to the Série C and the Campeonato Paulista poor campaign, Paulista sold half of Réver's rights and sent him on loan to Grêmio, reuniting with former teammate Victor. He quickly gained a first team spot and established himself as one of the bests defenders in the championship, being also one of the team's vice-captains.
On November 12, Gremio obtained the other half of his rights and Réver signed a new five-year contract. He was an ever-present figure during the following campaigns.
On 19 July 2010 Réver was announced as an Atlético Mineiro player for the 2010 Série A on club president Alexandre Kalil's personal Twitter account. Réver debuted for Atlético Mineiro a month later, being called up for the national time in the meantime, and became team captain in the second half of the season. The following season was difficult for the club in the Série A, struggling against relegation, but Réver won the Prêmio Craque do Brasileirão for best centre-back in the competition. In 2012, Réver captained the team in its undefeated Campeonato Minero victory, and through its Série A title contest with Fluminense. Despite the club finishing as runner-up, Réver again was selected for the team of the year, in both the Craque do Brasileirão and the Bola de Prata awards, together with teammate Leonardo Silva. Réver remained as club captain in the following season, in which he won the Campeonato Mineiro and the Copa Libertadores with the club. In 2014, he became Atlético Mineiro's top goalscoring centre-back in history with 22 goals, a record later surpassed by Leonardo Silva, who replaced Réver as captain in the middle of the season as he struggled with injury. After winning the 2014 Recopa Sudamericana with the club, another injury made Réver eventually lose his first-squad status to Jemerson in the later half of the season, and in 2015 he was allowed to leave by the club's board.
On 8 June 2016 Internacional accepted to loan Réver to Flamengo on a one-year spell as he had lost space in the first team squad and consistently suffered injuries. He debuted for his new club scoring the game winner header against Cruzeiro on 15 June 2016 at Mineirão Stadium.
Réver's Brazilian wife holds a German passport.
|Al Wahda||2007–08||UAE Arabian Gulf League||10||0||-||-||-||-||-||-||10||0|
|Atlético Mineiro||2010||Série A||18||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||18||2|
|2013||Atlético Mineiro||FIFA Club World Cup||2||0|
|Réver – goals for Brazil|
|1.||24 April 2013||Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, Brazil||Chile||
- Atlético Mineiro
- Campeonato Mineiro: 2012, 2013
- Copa Libertadores: 2013
- Recopa Sudamericana: 2014
- Copa do Brasil: 2014
- Prêmio Craque do Brasileirão: 2011, 2012
- Bola de Prata: 2012, 2016
- South American Team of the Year: 2013
- Campeonato Carioca Team of the year: 2017
- "Rever". fifa.com. FIFA. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Réver festeja novo contrato e volta ao time. [Réver celebrates new contract and return to the team]". oglobo.com. 2008-11-12.
- Réver: „Ich will nie mehr zurück“
- Alexandre Kalil [@alexandrekalil] (19 July 2010). "O ingresso é quarenta reais, mas o zagueiro Rever é do #Galo!" (Tweet) (in Portuguese). Retrieved 13 November 2015 – via Twitter.
- "Para Réver, 2010 foi um ano de lições inesquecíveis para o Atlético-MG" [To Réver, 2010 was a year of unforgettable lesson to Atlético Mineiro]. Globoesporte.com (in Portuguese). 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Craque do Brasileirão 2011: Rever é o melhor zagueiro pela esquerda" [2011 Craque do Brasileirão: Réver is the best left centre back]. Globoesporte.com (in Portuguese). 5 December 2011. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Bola de Prata Placar 2012" (in Portuguese). Placar. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Leonardo Silva ultrapassa Réver e se torna maior zagueiro-artilheiro da história do Atlético" [Leonardo Silva surpasses Réver and becomes Atlético's top centre-back goalscorer in history]. Superesportes (in Portuguese). 9 September 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Fonseca, Rodrigo (13 January 2015). "Diretoria do Atlético autoriza Réver a viajar para assinar contrato com o Internacional" [Atlético's board authorises Réver to travel and sign contract with Internacional]. Superesportes (in Portuguese). Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Zagueiro Réver reforça o Internacional [Centre-back Réver joins Internacional]". Internacional (in Portuguese). Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Inter aceita proposta e libera Réver por empréstimo ao Flamengo". globoesporte.com. 8 June 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Réver metal! Zagueiro faz de cabeça e dá vitória ao Fla sobre Cruzeiro no Mineirão". globoesporte.com. 15 June 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- „Alles gut“ – Réver und seine deutschen Wurzeln
- Réver at Soccerway. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Gabriel Jesus wins Bola de Prata award for best player in the Brasileirao". Sambafoot.
- "Com nove jogadores de Fla e Flu, Ferj divulga seleção do Campeonato Carioca". Globoesporte.com. 2017-05-07. Retrieved 2017-05-08.