This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
12 Tónar (Iceland) |
Rallye  (Japan)
Inner Ear (Greece)
|Associated acts||Múm, Ólafur Arnalds|
Axel Ingi Jónsson |
Árni Þór Árnason
Björn 'Bibbi' Pálmi Pálmason
Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir
Skúli Agnarr Einarsson
Rökkurró is an Icelandic music group founded in 2006 in Reykjavík. After a 4-track EP, they were signed to 12 Tónar label. Their debut album was Það kólnar í kvöld.. (meaning "It's Getting Colder Tonight" in Icelandic). It was released in 2007 in Iceland, Europe and Japan to great critical acclaim, followed by a local tour in Iceland and an international tour that included Germany, The Netherlands and Switzerland supporting Ólafur Arnalds. The follow-up album Í Annan Heim (meaning In Another World) was released in 2010. It was produced by Alex Somers. Rökkurró began working on their third studio album, Innra, in 2013, released on October 27th, 2014.
In popular culture
- In 2010, they were picked by Clash magazine to appear at the Ja Ja Ja Nordic music showcase.
- In 2012, their song "Sólin mun skína" was used in the commercial for the Italian dub of the American show Hoarding: Buried Alive.
- The former bass player of the band, Ingibjörg, now plays in the band Boogie Trouble. 
- 2007: Það kólnar í kvöld..
- 2010: Í Annan Heim
- 2014: Innra
- Daniels, Tiffany (2011-04-18). "Rökkurró – Rökkurró EP". The Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Tónlist: Það kólnar í kvöld.. album page Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tónlist: Í Annan Heim album page Archived 2013-01-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- Down, Lauren (2013-10-29). "Rökkurró – Killing Time: New music from Iceland". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- ClashMusic: Rokkurro Interview - Ahead of Ja Ja Ja event
- Icelandic Airwaves Journal: Back on the stage with Rökkurró - We just had to play Iceland Airwaves